Friday, April 8, 2011

First IUI Complete!

Sooo.... Ryan and I got up early this morning and went to the doctor's office for our first IUI. It's definitely not how I imagined we would conceive a child, but since I can't do it alone, it will have to do. The actual process was really not that big of a deal. I held the "specimen cup" in my bra to keep warm. They took it from me and "washed" it. Then she put a drop on a slide and let us see it under the microscope. SO COOL!!! Seeing all the little swimmers going CRAZY was amazing! Needless to say Ryan was so proud and a little boastful! hehe. Doc said they were like Michael Phelps! (So weird!) It was really just like a normal PAP. It wasn't painful and I laid there for 15 minutes afterwards. We both had a feeling of "That was it?!?" Insurance won't pay for that??? Around $400 a pop is still pricey but not as bad as I thought.

The last few nights have been MISIRABLE! The clomid makes me have crazy hot flashes. People think I'm kidding when I say that our thermostat was set at 60 degrees all winter. I would set it lower but Ryan wouldn't let me! It's like I wake up and feel like I'm on fire. Then I can't fall back asleep.

I also haven't been feeling well. I'm not sure if I'm getting sick, allergies or it was just nerves.

But here's a great series I just watched called The Great Sperm Race. Pretty cool! It's a series of 6 clips on YouTube.



2 comments:

  1. I love "The Great Sperm Race"! So hilarious, but it really highlights just what a miracle pregnancy is at all. Amazing that any of us are here to begin with!

    I'm glad your IUI went well. If this cycle is a bust (which I'll know in a couple days), then we are on to injects and an IUI; so, I love hearing stories like yours that are fast and painless. :-) I hope your 2ww goes quickly, and I wish you much GL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your IUI was a success & the next 2 weeks fly by! Anytime I try to stay busy to keep my mind off certain things my house gets super clean & I actually finish projects I've been putting off which is nice! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete